How to Choose Your Tires
How to choose your tires is a question that often can befuddle both men and women. When you know you need new tires, what should you be looking for? If you don't know a tire professional or want to choose your tires on your own, these tips should help you out.
- The first thing you need to consider is the climate of your area. Do you live in a place that gets a lot of snow? A good all weather tire with open end tread will work well. Maybe a place that gets a lot of rain? You may want to choose a rain tire that has channels to move the water and prevent hydroplaning. Or do you live in the desert? A good all weather tire will work. The climate of an area has a lot to do with choosing the best tire for your vehicle.
- Now you need to decide what type of tires you need. Do you have a truck and do a lot of hauling? You may need to buy an eight or ten ply tire. If you drive a sports car, you may have to get a special speed rated tire.
- Next you need to know your tire size. This can be located on the tire itself or on the sticker that is on the drivers side door jam.
- Before choosing tires, you need to know how much you want to spend on a tire. In some occasions you may not have much of a choice, especially if you are driving a car with a special or unpopular size.
- Now it is time to purchase your tire. There are online resources for buying tires as well as local tire dealers that will be able to help you with your purchase.
Buying tires can be quite expensive. Once you decide on the tire you want to purchase for your vehicle, you can call around and find the best price for your tire purchase.