How To Claim Land
If you only have enough money to build your dream house, learning how to claim land is an excellent idea. Since the idea of claiming land sounds too good to be true, many people usually take it as a joke. In fact, this idea happens to be true! These free lands are available for people to claim in certain areas only. Additionally, there are rules and regulations usually applied to the claim. The following steps will guide you through the claiming land process.
To claim land, you will need:
- Search for free lands using the internet. The first step for claiming land is to find out where the free lands are located at. You should be able to see a list of free lands which is available on the Center of Rural Affairs website. Carefully go through the list by reading all the details of each free land. Take notes and write down all your comments on paper.
- Decide where you want to live. After going through the list of free lands, now it is the time for you to pick a place. Claiming land is a big decision because you want to make very sure that the location of the free land is right for you. It all depends on your needs and requirements. Take as much time as you need to complete this step if you have to.
- Contact the corresponding authority. Once you have decided the free land you want to pursue, you should talk to someone who is in charge of the free land. It is strongly recommended to get on the phone with this person for quick response. Feel free to ask questions if you have any. Refer to your notes if you cannot remember all the inquiry items. Keep in mind that you are fine in case you have to call this person over and over.
- Check out the free land in person. Now, you have obtained all the necessary information for the free land. Before claiming land, it would be wise for you to visit the location. The visit will cost you some money. Instead of looking at it as a waste, you should view it as an investment. You want to reconfirm that this free land is what you really want prior to any commitment. In case you see something that you dislike, forget this free land and look for another one. Honestly, you have nothing to lose. This step will save you from losing money by moving to the wrong place.
- Sign the contract. This is the final step for claiming land. The corresponding authority will go over all the details with you regarding to the free land and the contract. Read all the fine prints slowly. If you have concerns about anything on the contract, ask immediately! There is no turning back on a binding contract after you have signed it.
Claiming land is totally feasible by simply following my instructions. Forget the jokes by other people about claiming land. Let's be happy and enjoy the free land that you have just claimed!