How To Clean Baseball Caps
If you are proud of wearing sports headwear, then knowing how to clean baseball caps are a good skill. A sports hat can be ruined if the wrong products are used. Anyone who values their baseball cap collection takes measures to ensure they remain intact. Not all caps are maintained the same; therefore, the instructions below will include how to clean wool and cotton caps.
To clean baseball caps, you will need:
- Wool cleaner
- Mild detergent
- Cold water
- Sink or hand wash basin
- Small cleaning cloth
For wool baseball caps:
- Prepare to hand wash. Add cool water and wool detergent together as the first step in how to clean baseball caps. Using a fabric-specific washing agent ensures no damage to the hat.
- Remove grime. Try a non-scrubbing technique to remove sweat and stains from the sports cap. An important technique in how to clean baseball caps is to roll it around in water.
- Wash away suds. Gather cold rinse water and submerge the cap as you continue on the process of how to clean baseball caps. The frigid water helps to remove cleaner residue.
- End steps. Roll the sports cap in a towel to remove water. This important step takes away moisture that could damage the head garment.
- Complete cleaning. The final step in how to clean baseball caps is to reshape the hat before air drying it. The absence of heat or mechanical drying allows the hat to maintain the correct size and fit.
Other type of caps:
- Spot clean. Collect warm water and add detergent in a basin to use in the process of how to clean baseball caps. Use a small cloth dipped in the detergent and water mixture to rub the head band in as well as the other dirty parts of the hat.
- Rinse and dry. Rinse the cloth with cold water and apply it to the baseball cap again. Let the hat air dry as you finish cleaning the baseball cap.