If you have been playing catch outside much, you are most likely interested in learning how to clean a baseball. Of course it is practical to not have large dirt clumps affecting the rotation of the ball, but learning how to clean a baseball is mostly for aesthetic purposes. Here is everything you need to know on how to clean a baseball.
Before you start learning how to clean a baseball, you will have to gather these materials:
- Scouring Pad
- Liquid Dish Washing Soap
- Warm Water
- 2 Towels
Once you have gathered these materials, it is time to start learning how to clean a baseball.
- Rub about a teaspoon of toothpaste over the surface of the baseball. The first step in learning how to clean a baseball is to loosen up the dirt on the surface of the baseball. After the toothpaste is on the baseball, let it sit for about a minute.
- Dip the scouring pad in the soapy water. You will have to put a little bit of the liquid dish washing soap in with the water first. This will be your cleaning solution while learning how to clean a baseball. Make sure the water you use is warm, cold water can cause your baseball to warp and shrink.
- Rub the baseball down with the scouring pad. Use some elbow grease to make sure you get all of the dirt and such off of the baseball, but be careful when rubbing around the seams. You do not want to accidentally rip the seams, as that would ruin the baseball.
- Wet one of your towels. Use this towel to wipe off any remaining residue left on the ball. There might be some dirt that is left, or residue from the toothpaste you left on from the first step.
- Dry the ball off with the remaining towel. This is the final step You now know everything there is to know about how to clean a baseball.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.