How To Clean Bathtub
Do you think you know how to clean bathtub? Cleaning a bathtub is a job no one really likes to do. It can be a down right dirty job but it does not have to be a hard task to fulfill, this article can help you get that bathtub looking like new again. Just follow the eight steps lined out for you.
You will need the following when cleaning your bathtub:
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup liquid soap
- Rubber gloves
- Bathroom cleaner (preferably scrub free brand)
- Put on Rubber Gloves. Using the gloves will protect your hands from harmful products. Even if you are using light products, they tend to dry your hands out. Using your gloves will protect your hands from this happening while cleaning your bathtub.
- Clean bathtub everyday. Cleaning your tub every day aids in making your job easier. Use the baking soda and liquid soap formula listed ahead. Doing this every day will keep your bathtub tidy.
- Saturate sponge. Soak your sponge in the baking soda/liquid soap formula. If you do this daily or every other day then cleaning your bathtub will be effortless.
- Use bathroom cleaner. It is best to have a scrub free cleaner because it is easier on your bathtub finish. Use this bathroom cleaner when you have gone more than a week without cleaning your bathtub.
- Open Doors and windows. Some product have very strong fumes. Make sure you keep a window or door open to keep the bathroom properly ventilated, you do not want to inhale too much of the cleaning products.
- Spray bathtub. Start at the back of your bathtub and work your way to the front. Using more product will mean that you will not have to scrub your tub as hard.
- Let product penetrate. Give the product about ten minutes to seep and liquify the tub grime in your tub. This will bring the grime and dirt to the surface making it easier to wash away.
- Wipe tub thoroughly. Take the sponge and wipe the tub thoroughly all over. Repeat this step until the bathtub is entirely clean, this should lift all dirt easily and rapidly.
Posted on: Apr. 11, 2010