Having beer on tap in your own home bar means learning how to clean your beer lines. Cleaning out the beer lines is important because of the bacteria that can grow and feed off the yeast in the beer. Clean beer lines also ensures that the beer coming out of your tap is the best tasting it can be. Here are the steps you will need to take in order to make sure your beer lines are clean and clear.
To clean your beer lines you will need:
- line cleaning kit
- Mix the cleaning solution with water in the bucket per the instructions in the kit.
- Shut off the keg's Co2 connection. Then untap the coupler from the keg.
- Next unscrew all hoses and fittings from the tap. Immerse the tap and all loose fittings in the bucket of cleaning solution.
- Remove the dispensing faucet and place in bucket of cleaning solution.
- Fill plastic jar with pump from cleaning kit with cleaning solution. Then attach pump to the faucet hose placing the other end of hose in the bucket of cleaning solution.
- Pump the cleaning solution through hose. Leave the solution in hose for amount of time recommended by the cleaning kit manufacturer.
- Unscrew the plastic jar and refill with clean water, making sure to rinse the jar thoroughly of all cleaner. Pump clean water through the beer lines until all traces of cleaner are removed. Detach pump and jar.
- Rinse off faucet, coupler and all other parts well under running water.
- Reconnect faucet, tap and all lines. Re-tap the keg and turn the Co2 back on.
Now that you have learned how to clean your beer lines, enjoy your fresh tasting beer coming through the clean lines. This cleaning should be done after every keg or at least a minimum of every two weeks. This ensures that your lines stay clean and reduces the amount of foaming that occurs. Regular cleaning is also important in maintaining a good tasting beer is flowing from the faucet.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Types of Tattoos Worth the Newfound Health Risks
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.