Wondering how to clean black onyx cufflinks? It is best to clean black onyx cufflinks only when needed. You want them to look their best, but too many cleanings can increase the chance of scratches. Black onyx cufflinks are a great choice for a causal or formal occasion. They can come in an expensive setting with diamond accents or they look great in a stainless steel more affordable setting. It is a versatile male accessory which will work for a formal tuxedo or a casual jacket. Cufflinks can be cleaned with special jewelry cleaner. You can also use items you have around your home to the same job.
- Soft toothbrush
- Mild detergent
- 2 soft cloths
- Brush away any dust and loose dirt. Use a very soft dry toothbrush and gently clean. Avoid the black onyx stone and focus on the setting.
- Make a mild cleaning solution. Mix water and a few drops of the mild detergent in a bowl. Stir gently to mix well, but you do not need suds.
- Soak the black onyx cufflinks for a few minutes. Use the same soft toothbrush and gently brush your cufflinks with the soapy water. Again avoid the stone to keep from scratching the onyx.
- Rinse the cufflinks with clean warm water. Use one of the soft cloths to dry the cufflink. Carefully, clean the stone of the black onyx cufflinks with the damp cloth.
- Buff the dried metal setting with the second cloth. Wait until the cufflinks are completely dry before storing. Storing them damp can increase the chance of scratches.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?