If your piano is dusty, you may want to know how to clean a black piano. This is a simple process and you need few supplies. Just make sure you're able to pull the piano out from its place so you can get behind it to clean the back. Your piano will shine like new, so get started.
- Two or three microfiber cloths
- A bucket of warm water
- Mild dish soap or oil soap
- Vacuum with attachments (optional)
- Cream or oil polish (optional)
- Make sure you are able to get around the piano. Remove anything on top of or around the piano. You don't want to trip or have something fall on your head while you're cleaning.
- Start by dusting the piano from top to bottom. The microfiber will trap dust and lint, which tends to show more on a black piano. It will also prevent the dust from scratching the piano's surface. Be sure to wipe each key individually. Use vacuum attachments on the underside where dust and cobwebs accumulate.
- If your piano needs further cleaning, dip another cloth into the soapy water. Wring it out and wipe down the entire piano, including the keys. Rinse out your cloth and re-wipe to remove the soapy residue. Use a clean, dry cloth to dry the piano and keys.
- Apply a small amount of polish and buff dry with a clean cloth. This will increase the gloss of your piano. Don't apply high-gloss polish to a satin-finish black piano, as it may cause a gummy looking surface.
Tips & Warnings:
- Make sure to keep your piano in a low-humidity environment.
- Never use harsh cleaners or aerosol furniture polish, as they can absorb into the wood and cause internal damage over time.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How to Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, master these skills. (Yes, several are car-related.)