How To Clean BlackBerry Trackball
Do you know how to clean Blackberry trackball? If your your Blackberry trackball isn't functioning properly it may be the buildup of dust or grease residue from your fingers. Following the steps provided will alleviate any problems you have with your trackball.
The items you will need:
- Butter knife
- 91 percent isopropyl alcohol
- Cotton swab
- Turn off your Blackberry phone. Carefully wedge a butter knife or a object on the silver circle casing that holds the trackball. Two clips on the left and right side of the silver circle casing keep the trackball from falling out of place. Work your way around the silver casing until it snaps open. If you damage the silver casing don't worry about it. It's cheap to replace.
- Use your mouth to blow away any dust that is around the trackball. The trackball is securely in place by four tiny magnets. Flip the Blackberry unit over to take out the trackball. Inserting an object to take out the trackball shouldn't be your choice. You can damage the trackball. Remember how the clips are placed, because it won't function properly if the trackball is out of place. It's wise to keep the trackball intact because it will be difficult to reattach the magnets back together. Once the trackball is out, blow into where the trackball was at to get rid of any dust inside. You can insert a dry cotton swab to also clean the inside of it.
- Pour the 91 percent isopropyl alcohol into a cup. Let the trackball soak entirely. After a few minutes you can take the trackball out and use a cotton swab to clean the trackball after it has been soaked.
- Take the Blackberry trackball and place it on tissue, until it completely dries. Once it's dried place it back into the Blackberry. Align the trackball into place.
- Place the silver circle casing back into the Blackberry. Use your fingers to snap the casing back into place. Once done, you are able to use your clean trackball on your Blackberry.