Learn how to clean canvas sneakers. The material stains and gets dirty easily, so frequent but gentle cleaning is a must if you want to keep your sneakers looking new.
To clean canvas sneakers, you'll need:
- Mild dish detergent or soap
- Soft cloth
- Baking soda (for tough stains)
- Bleach (optional)
- Laundry detergent (optional)
- Tap the shoes against the inside of a trash can to remove caked-on dirt. This helps prepare the sneakers for cleaning. Adding water to dried dirt will only create mud and can make your shoes dirtier.
- Dampen a cloth with warm water and add a few drops of soap. Lightly scrub over the shoe's entire surface, wiping the soles, rubber or plastic, and the canvas.
- Remove tough stains with a paste of baking soda and water. Allow the mixture to sit on the canvas shoes for ten minutes, then use a clean, damp cloth to wipe away residue. Allow the shoes to air dry. Never put them into a dryer, especially on high heat. It can ruin the shoes and melt the glue that holds them together.
- To clean the laces, remove them and wash in the washing machine. If you don't want to wash them in a machine, soak them in a sink full of water with a little bleach and laundry detergent. Only use bleach on white laces. Rinse them well and air dry.
If your canvas sneakers lose shape after a cleaning, stuff them with paper towels. Don't use newspapers if your shoes are white because the ink can run and stain the sneakers.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.