It is important to know how to clean chandeliers before attempting to do so. Chandeliers are generally brass, glass, or crystal, and will often damage easily if you don't clean them properly. Determine what the chandelier is made out of before cleaning it.
Here are some supplies you will need to clean chandeliers:
- soft cloth
- warm water
- mild dish washing liquid
- feather duster
- white vinegar
- Dust the chandelier weekly with a feather duster. When dusting is no longer doing the job, it will be time to give the chandelier a thorough cleaning. The feather duster should collect enough dust to prolong this for a while.
- Make sure to turn the chandelier off before cleaning. It would be a good idea to turn off the power at the service panel to avoid getting hurt. Remove the bulbs after the power is off. If the bulbs are dusty, wipe them carefully with a soft cloth.
- If you have a brass chandelier, wipe with a cloth dampened in a solution of warm water and mild dish washing liquid. Afterwards, wipe with a clean cloth to remove any soap build up, and dry with a third cloth if necessary. Stay away from using window cleaners they will damage the chandelier.
- If you have a crystal or glass chandelier, wipe the chandelier with a soft cloth dampened with white vinegar and warm water. Rinse the cloth often and wring it out well.
- Remove crystals if possible for hand washing. You can wash the crystals in a solution of warm water and mild dishwashing liquid. Rinse with clean water and dry with a soft cloth. Place them back on the chandelier using gloves if you want to avoid getting finger prints on the crystals. Now you are ready to clean chandeliers.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.