How To Clean Computer Keyboard
Cleaning a computer keyboard is something everyone that uses a computer has, or should do. It's hard to keep them clean, since most people use computers so often and sometimes even eat while using them. Cleaning them out shouldn't take long to do.
What you will need
- Compressed air
- Computer keyboard
- Unplug the keyboard from your computer if it is wired.
- Position the keyboard over a waste basket and flip it upside down. Shake the keyboard gently to knock some of the material out into the garbage.
- Spray in between the keys with compressed air. Use short bursts of air. This should remove dust and other material from under and between the keys.
- Use a cloth to wipe off the keys and the rest of the keyboard. You can use a damp cloth, but it should not be so damp that water could get in the keyboard. This could damage it.
- Dry off the keyboard with another cloth.
- Plug the keyboard back into your computer. Make sure to orient the plug properly before inserting it.
- Sanitize the keys if you want using a surface sanitizer. Do this by applying a small amount of sanitizer to another cloth and wiping it over the keys and the rest of the keyboard.
- If the keyboard is older and excessively dirty, you may want to consider replacing it, since computer keyboards are so inexpensive. Otherwise you can continue to clean the keyboard periodically.
Tip: A misconception some people have about computer keyboards is that they are safe to clean with water or are safe to clean in the washing machine. This is not the case. Never submerge your keyboard in water.