You have been looking at your dirty cloth couch for the longest time and have been wondering how to clean couches. For months, you've seen stains, dirt, dust, crumbs, and everything else you can think of pile up on your couch . You don't have the money to get it professionally cleaned, but you are determined to figure it out yourself. You are not sure of exactly what you need to do to get started. Well, getting a clean couch is an easy, simple task that is not time consuming at all.
To get a clean couch, you will need:
- stain remover
- vacuum with attachments
- Vacuum the couch. Remove all pillows and cushions (if unattached) from the couch and vacuum them with a small attachment to remove crumbs and dirt. Also, vacuum the material covering the springs on the couch, the arm rest and backing, and don't forget to get the cracks and corners for a nice, clean couch.
- Presoak the stains on the cushions with a fabric cleaner. This will help the stains to be removed once washed in the washing machine, if you want a really clean couch.
- Wash the cushion covers in the washing machine. Unzip the cushions and remove the foam or batting from the inside of the them. Wash in cold or warm water in the washing machine and allow them to air dry.
- Spot clean the frame of the couch. Use a water-based shampoo upholstery cleaner with a rag to spot clean any dirty spots. Do not over saturate.
- Reassemble the cushions and pillows once everything is dry and enjoy the use of your clean couch.