If you're the proud owner of a Dell Computer then you're going to need to know how to clean a Dell computer fan. Even if you've never even considered cleaning it, It's never too late to start. Your computer's fans are very important. They help prevent overheating by moving fresh air over all the components in your PC. Keeping the fans clean is a simple way to extend the life of your computer and prevent damage.
What you will need
- Compressed air
- Begin by turning off your computer. Once it is off, remove the power cable from the back of the computer.
- Figure out how to remove the cover from the side of the computer. On Dell computers, there are usually screws holding a slide-off cover on the back edge of the computer. There may also be a tab to press. It should be simple enough to figure out how on most models.
- If you have trouble, you can also go to the Dell web site and find the manual under the support section for your model.
- Once you remove the cover, make sure not to touch any of the electronics in the computer to avoid damaging them. The fans should be easy to find. There is normally one over the middle of the computer that is used to cool the CPU. There may also be fans in the front and back of the computer. If there are covers preventing you from cleaning the fans at this point, remove them using either tabs or screws that hold the covers in place. It will probably be unnecessary to do this.
- Once you have access to the fans, use your compressed air to spray any dust out of the fans. Use the air in short bursts and hold the can upright.
- While you have the cover off, it is a good time to remove dust from other parts inside too. Use the compressed air in the same way you did with the fans.
- Put any fan covers back on and then put the computer cover back on. Remember to put any screws back in. Put the power cable back in.
- Try turning the computer back on. If it powers up as normal, you are finished. Just clean up any dust that is now outside the computer.
Tip: Check your computer for dust and clean it out every few months. This will help it last longer and avoid unnecessary repairs. It can even help the computer run faster.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
9 Rappers With “Young” In Their Names Who Aren’t So Young An...
They get older, their monikers stay the same age.