Do you need to know how to clean EGR valve on 1990 Honda Accord? The exhaust gas recirculating (EGR) valve is a very important accessory to the engine, as it keeps the engine's air/fuel mixture running right, emission levels down and the exhaust manifold temperature lower. At times, the valve can get clogged with carbon build up and this can reduce the engine's performance. Here is how to clean the EGR valve on a 1990 Honda Accord:
- Carburetor cleaner
- Wire brush
- Socket set and wrench
- Penetrating fluid
- With park selected, the engine off and cool, lift the hood of the Honda.
- Find the EGR valve which is located at the rear of the engine near to the firewall. The valve is situated on the intake manifold and is circular in shape.
- Use some penetrating oil if the valve does not come off easily. Try not to strip the threads of the valve.
- Remove the EGR valve with the socket wrench and inspect the threads and inside the valve. There will normally be a build up of carbon deposits from the exhaust gas being recirculated.
- Start the engine and use the carburetor cleaner inside the EGR valve hole and the intake manifold, by taking the air filter piping off. Use the full can, which takes around 10-15 minutes to fully use. Switch the engine off after the can is used up.
- Scrub the valve area with a wire brush and wipe off any deposits with a cloth. Clean the EGR valve as well in the same way.
- Refit the EGR valve and piping; if it looks damaged, replace it with a new one.
- Refit the air filter piping and close the hood. Your EGR valve on your 1990 Honda Accord should now offer your engine's full performance for many miles to come and bring back any lost fuel efficiency and lowered emissions.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.