Learning how to clean fiberglass boat hulls is a short task that can be done in less than an hour, which makes it an ideal material for people who have busy lives and still want to enjoy recreation. By cleaning a fiberglass boat the value will remain higher for a longer period of time. It is important to note that if the boat is used for saltwater purposes it is important to give it a freshwater rinse after every use.
To clean a fiberglass boat hull, you will need:
- general purpose cleaner
- drying towel
- The first step in cleaning a fiberglass boat hull is to fill a bucket up with cleaner and hose water. It is a good idea to fill up a bucket with twenty percent cleaner and 80 percent water. This keeps the mixture at a level where there will be plenty of soap to clean the boat and rinse off easily at the end.
- Next the boat must be rinsed off with hose water. Rinsing off the boat hull before cleaning it will make the job go much easier. The boat now has has a base to work on. Cleaning a fiberglass boat hull can be much harder if it is not rinsed prior to cleaning.
- Once wet, apply the water and cleaner mixture with a sponge. It will not take much effort to clean a fiberglass boat hull from here. Once the cleaner and water is applied everywhere on the boat put the sponge back in the bucket and let the boat sit for 15 minutes before rinsing. Letting the boat sit will allow the soap to absorb into the residue so it comes off easier when rinsed.
- The next thing to do when cleaning a fiberglass boat is to rinse it off with hose water. The boat should have been soaking long enough to where rinsing the hull should take no time at all. Once all of the cleaner and water is off the boat the rinsing is finished.
- After the boat has been rinsed, get the drying towel and dry the hull. Drying the boat with a towel will allow the boat to have less time to sit in the sun to dry. Once this last step is finished in cleaning a fiberglass boat hull, it is wise to put the boat in a covered area till its next use.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.