How To Clean A Flat Screen TV
Need to know how to clean a flat screen TV? Flat screen TVs are more delicate than the traditional glass screens of the past. This means that harsh chemicals and window cleaners shouldn't be used. Instead, mild cleaners or plain water and a soft cloth are all you need to keep your flat screen TV clean and dust-free.
To clean a flat screen TV, you'll need:
- Microfiber or soft cloths
- A neutral cleaning spray
- Shut off and unplug the flat screen TV. Make sure all power has dissipated before cleaning.
- Wipe the television screen and frame with a dry microfiber cloth. The cloth will help trap any loose dust. Make sure to clean the back, sides, front, ports and buttons. If there is no further mess, you're all done. If there are fingerprints or other debris, you'll need to use water or a neutral cleaner.
- Spray a clean cloth with neutral cleaning spray or dip it into clean water and wring it out. Make sure the cloth isn't soaking wet. Wipe over the entire flat screen television, concentrating on areas with the most dirt or film. Clean the remote, too, while you're at it.
- Dry the television with another clean cloth. Dry the entire TV and remote, including the back and sides. Make sure there is no water in the ports or plug areas. Plug your flat screen TV back in and you're all done.
Never use harsh, abrasive cleaners or ammonia-containing window cleaner on LCD, plasma and flat screen televisions. These can cause permanent damage to the screen or ruin picture quality. Maintain the TV by wiping it with a dry microfiber cloth at least once a week.