How To Clean An Flatscreen Monitor
Investing in a new monitor can be expensive so it is important to know how to clean a flatscreen monitor. A clean screen gives you a better view of items displayed. It's hard to see what is going on when looking at a dirty monitor. Flat screen monitors can be sensitive to dust and fingerprints and need to be cleaned with a gentle touch to avoid damage.
The following items are needed to clean a flat screen monitor:
- anti-static cloth
- micro-fiber cloth or old cotton t-shirt (clean)
- gentle cleaning fluid
- Disconnect the monitor. Disconnect the monitor from the power supply and from the computer. It is better to be safe than sorry.
- Clean the monitor casing. Spray the anti-static cloth with the appropriate cleaning fluid and wipe the monitor's casing. Make sure the cloth with cleaning fluid on it does not touch the screen.
- Clean the screen. Gently wipe the micro-fiber cloth across the screen to remove dust.
- If necessary, dampen the micro-fiber cloth with distilled water and wipe the screen again. Do not press hard on the screen, as doing this could cause pixels to burn out and therefore lessen the viewing experience.
Never use a paper towel, napkin, etc. to clean a flat screen monitor. Those items can scratch the screen.
Never spray cleaning fluid directly on the screen. Too much liquid can hurt the screen.
Please be careful with the types of cleaning solutions used to clean the casing. Some cleaning solutions are far to harsh and can break down casing materials.