How To Clean A Glass Pipe
Anyone that uses smoking perephenalia will want to know how to clean a glass pipe. Regardless of what kind of leafy bits you smoke, if you use a glass pipe, it will eventually get nasty and clogged. Don't worry; cleaning a glass pipe is extremely easy.
To clean a glass pipe, you will need:
- Rubbing alcohol
- Sea salt
- Wired brush or a pipe cleaner
- A plastic bag
- Cotton swabs or paper towels
- Salt the pipe. Salting the pipe will help remove any of the embedded leftovers in the pipe. Just pour some salt in both ends of the pipe. Make sure the entire pipe gets coated in salt in order to get the pipe as clean as possible.
- Put the glass pipe in a plastic bag with rubbing alcohol. The rubbing alcohol is what really deep cleans the pipe. The bag can be replaced, but it is the most effective method for cleaning a pipe because of later steps. Put enough rubbing alcohol in the bag to submerge the pipe.
- Shake the plastic bag. Shaking the bag will help disolve all the gunk in the pipe. It is often a good idea to take the pipe out after shaking, resalt it and shake it some more. The more you shake the pipe, the better. You need to really work it to get all the gross crap out of it.
- Take the glass pipe out and clean it with a wired brush or a pipe cleaner. Be sure to scrub the hell out of the inside of the pipe. Either instrument works well as long as you put some effort into scrubbing. Be sure to scrub the entire opening of the pipe. Running the pipe cleaner or brush completely through the pipe works well.
- Rinse the pipe with water and dry. Use hot water to help remove the alcohol and any leftover gunk. After this, dry your pipe down. Make sure your pipe is dry before you use it again!