How To Clean Glass Shower Doors
Learning how to clean glass shower doors properly may seem like a chore, but this deep-clean method takes 30 minutes or less and always provides good results. It only needs to be done once a month, depending on frequency of shower use.
To clean glass shower doors, you will need:
- Scrubbie sponge or pad
- Soap scum remover or toilet bowl cleaner
- Window cleaner
- Soft cotton cloth or paper towels
- Wear gloves, and keep the bathroom ventilated. Open a window or door, and turn on the fan. If you are using toilet bowl cleaner, make sure to dilute 4 ounces into 2 cups of water.
- Apply cleaner to wet shower doors with a scrubbie pad or spray bottle. If you use soap scum remover, spray onto the doors. Do not mix the two cleaners, as this can cause harmful fumes.
- Allow the cleaner to sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Using the scrubbie sponge, wash shower doors in a circular motion starting at the top and working your way down. You may need to add more cleaner and repeat.
- Rinse the glass very well, then use the squeegee to remove excess water.
- If it looks like all of the soap scum is removed, you can then spray with window cleaner on both sides.
- Wipe off glass cleaner with a cloth and your glass shower doors should be sparkling like new.
If you prefer to use natural cleaning products to clean glass shower doors, make sure to select a concentrated cleaner and don't overly dilute it. All-purpose cleaners will work as well. You can maintain this in between cleanings by using a squeegee after showers, or by spraying shower doors with window cleaner and wiping with paper towels or a cotton cloth.