How To Clean Goalie Equipment For Soccer
Do you want to know how to clean goalie equipment for soccer? The goalie is the one soccer player that deals with most of the mud and dirt after a game. Also, he needs to use gloves, shin guards, long sleeve shirt and long pants, so all of this adds more work.
To clean goalie equipment for soccer you need:
- A washing machine and a dryer.
- Machine washing soap and softener.
- A bucket with regular soap and water.
- A fine brush.
To clean goalie equipment for soccer you have to:
- Put any regular fabric clothes, including socks, bandages, underpants, shorts, long pants and shirts in the washing machine. Use a long heavy program, because nowadays most of the clothes are synthetic, and can stand it.
- Rinse with warm water and regular soap your gloves, shin guards and shoes. In this case, as these are delicate they should not be machine washed.
- After one or two hours, use a brush to remove any remains of mud from the gloves and shoes, specially between the cleats.
- Machine dry the clothes.
- Let the gloves shin guards and shoes dry in a warm ventilated place, away from direct sunlight that may damage them.
- To prevent your shoes from loosing their shape after washing, fill them with newspaper balls. Once every four hours replace the newspaper until it does not get wet any more.
For a longer life of your equipment, try to have more than one set, avoiding having to use any part of it before it is dry or clean. Never store or use your equipment while it´s still wet.