How To Clean Gold Chains
For those who love jewelry, how to clean gold chains is an important question. Gold chains should always be shiny and clean. Like all gold, chains need to be taken care of properly. In order to look your best when wearing your gold chain, give it special care.
To clean your gold chain, you will need:
- Soak your chain. If your gold chain is looking dull, it's time to clean it. You will need some warm water and soap. Fill the sink or a bowl with the water and soap solution. You will then need to allow your chain to soak in the solution. Allow it to soak for about 20-30 minutes.
- Rinse your chain. When cleaning a gold chain, it needs to be rinsed thoroughly. Take the chain and rinse it either in a bowl of lukewarm water or under running water. Get all the soap out, so that your gold chain is left looking almost new.
- Dry and polish. This is an important part of cleaning a gold chain. You do not want water marks on your chain. Dry the chain with a chamois or soft cloth. You will also use this cloth to polish the chain.
- Keep it clean. To keep your gold chain clean, it is best left wrapped up when not being worn. You should try to keep your gold chain away from dust, moisture and makeup.
- Take it to a jewelry store. While cleaning your gold at home works great, you can also take it into a local jewelry store for cleaning. They will be able to clean your gold chain by steaming it. This may cost money, so it does not have to be done all the time. You can do this periodically, just to get that professional touch.