How To Clean Gold Cufflink
If you know how to clean gold cufflinks you can keep them looking good. You can send them out to be cleaned at the jewelers, but it is easy to do at home and doesn’t take long to clean gold cufflinks yourself. The best part is that you probably have everything you need to clean gold cufflinks already in your kitchen, so you don’t need to buy a special jewelry cleaning solution.
If you want to clean gold cufflinks, you will need:
- 2 bowls
- 4 cups warm water
- Dishwashing liquid
- Toothbrush with soft bristles
- Soft cloth
- Gold cufflinks
- Put two cups of warm water into one of the bowls. Add a squeeze of dishwashing soap to the water.
- Put your gold cufflinks into the water. Leave them to soak for fifteen minutes.
- Take out one of the gold cufflinks and scrub it with the brush. Be sure the bristles are soft so that you do not scratch your gold cufflinks.
- Put two cups of warm water in the other bowl. Take the cufflink you have just brushed and rinse it in the water.
- Take the cufflink out and dry it with the soft cloth. Buff it with the cloth to bring out the shine of the gold.
- Now take the other one of the gold cufflinks out of the water. Repeat the same procedure.
- Let the gold cuffs links sit out to dry completely for a few hours. You want to be sure all the moisture is gone before putting them away.