Wondering how to clean gold-plated jewelry? Cleaning gold-plated jewelry is just like cleaning silver or platinum jewelry. Even though gold-plated jewelry is only gold on the outside, it is still real gold. Dirt and oil can build up on gold-plated jewelry. Your skin naturally contains oil. When this oil mixes with the dirt in the air or on the ground, you can have nasty build up on your jewelry. It is easy to get your gold-plated jewelry clean again with a couple of household items.
What you need to clean gold-plated jewelry:
- Baking soda
- Dry, soft cloth
- Find toothpaste or baking soda. These two household products work wonders on gold-plated jewelry. They clean other things, so why not jewelry? Pick which one you like and the results will be the same.
- Put the product of your choice on a toothbrush. Gold-plated jewelry can have grooves that are difficult to clean. A toothbrush has bristles that solve this cleaning problem. Apply the toothpaste or baking soda to the toothbrush and scrub your gold-plated jewelry. You will see the toothbrush start to turn grey or black. This is the dirt and grime coming off the gold-plated jewelry, not the gold.
- Rinse off your gold-plated jewelry. Once you have scrubbed the gold, place it under clean water to rinse off the cleaning product. You will have to use the toothbrush to rinse the grooves completely.
- Tarnish on gold-plated jewelry needs more attention. For tarnishing on your jewelry you only need one product. Spray some WD-40 directly on the gold-plated jewelry and let it set for a few minutes. Use your finger to rub the spot clean. Rinse under clean water and you are done. This is a one-step process. The WD-40 pretty much cleans by itself.
- Shine the gold-plated jewelry. Take a dry, soft cloth and place your piece of gold-plated jewelry in it. Using your fingers, rub the piece of jewelry around in the cloth to buff any dull spots. This will remove any possible residue or water spots.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …