How To Clean Golf Club Grips
How to clean your golf club grips is a big question among golf enthusiasts because golf club grips can be ruined if the sweat and other debris on them are not removed. This is the most time consuming method, but is also the most effective for getting the golf club grip as clean as possible by removing all of the grime.
What you will need:
- Two old but clean dishrags
- Low to moderate dish washer detergent
- Access to a sink
- Said golf club
- Start by saturating one of the rags with water. Set the other rag off to the side for use later. It works well to ring the rag out of most of the water but not until it is dry, just so it isn’t dripping.
- Next, take the dishwasher detergent and squirt it on the wet rag. Make a glob about the size of a nickel and start then ring the rag out to spread the detergent around. The amount of detergent you need may change depending on the size of the rag and the quality of the detergent itself.
- Now, using the rag with the soap saturated in it, scrub down the grip on the golf club. Make sure to scrub the grip until all of the hard to get spots come off, you don’t want to have to do this again in another week or two!
- Take the dry dishcloth and dry off the grip of the club. Make sure to get it completely dry because the grip could potentially get permanent water damage.