A sign of an amateur golfer is dirty golf clubs, so it's important that you know how to clean golf clubs. Clean golf clubs can actually improve your game and give you better contact with the ball. Dirty golf clubs can affect your consistency and your score. It is also important to take care of your clubs to help them last longer.
- Mild dish detergent
- Small, bristled scrub brush (toothbrush)
- Plastic bucket
- Warm water
- Fill your bucket with three inches of warm water. Avoid using very hot water which could warp your clubs. Add a teaspoon of dish detergent and mix to form suds.
- Soak the head of your golf club in the water for five minutes to loosen debris. Lean the shaft against the edge of the bucket in a place that it will not turn over. You may want to prop it against the wall. It is important that only the head of the golf club is submerged. Pour out any extra water to avoid wetting the shaft or ferrule. If your club is made of wood, avoid soaking and just dip it in the water and wipe clean.
- Scrub the head of the golf club with a small, soft brush after it has soaked. Use a brush soft enough that will not cause scratches. Rinse with clean water, but avoid getting the rest of the club wet.
- Dry the head of the club with a clean towel. Use the damp towel to wipe the shaft and ferrule.
- Clean the grip of the golf club. Mix more warm water with a drop of dish detergent. Do not submerge the grip which could cause damage. Dip your rag into the soapy water. Wring out any excess water and wipe your grip with the damp cloth. Gently scrub the grip with a soft brush to clean any remaining dirt that was not easily wiped away. Rinse out your rag well and wipe the grip again with the damp rag without any soap.
Wipe your clubs down with a damp cloth after each use to avoid having to clean them as often.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
10 Reasons Your Wife Is Unhappy in Your Marriage
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.