Learning how to clean a granite composite sink is easy, and the task will be a breeze if you follow these tips. Granite is a strong stone, commonly used for making sinks and countertops. Make this stain-resistant and durable stone last even longer by using the right products and cleaning techniques. Gather the supplies and get started.
To clean a granite composite sink you will need:
- Stone soap or mild dishwashing liquid
- Mild abrasive cleaner
- Scrubbing sponge
- Two soft cloths
- Warm water
- Wet your sponge or cloth with water and apply a small amount of soap. Wash the sink well, concentrating on the most dirty areas, like around the drain and at the water line. Never use strong, concentrated chemicals like bleach and solvents. These can discolor and dull the finish of your granite sink.
- Rinse your sponge or cloth and re-wet it. Wipe over the sink again, removing soap residue. Repeat this step a few times until most of the soap is gone. Finish by rinsing with fresh water. You can use the sink sprayer if you have one.
- Using your other clean cloth, dry the sink well. This helps to prevent water spots and discoloration.
- To maintain the look of your granite composite sink, keep it clean and dry when you aren't using it. Wipe up spills or messes immediately to prevent stains. With the proper care, your granite will retain it's good looks and value for many years.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.