By keeping some basic guidelines in mind, you can learn how to clean the grip tape off a tennis racquet. While this can also be done by a tennis pro, cleaning the grip tape off of your own tennis racquet can save you time, money and provide you with a sense of pride and accomplishment.
- Put a small amount of dish or laundry soap into the bottom of a five gallon bucket. Fill the bucket with warm water until it is approximately three quarters of the way full. Swish the soap and water around so that bubbles begin to form.
- Place the tennis racquet in the bucket with the handle in the water. Allow it to soak overnight, or at least for eight hours. After the tennis racquet has thoroughly soaked, remove it from the bucket and dry it off with a clean, dry towel.
- Go to a sporting goods store and purchase a grip scraper. While a kitchen spatula can also be used for this job, a grip scraper is more specialized and will produce greater results.
- Holding the tennis racquet in one hand and the grip scraper in the other, carefully push the scraper up the length of the tennis racquet handle, removing the grip. Discard the used grip into a waste basket.
- Use rubbing alcohol to get rid of any specially difficult spots of grip tape. Rubbing alcohol will be able to loosen the adhesive in the tape, making it easier to remove. Once all of the grip tape has been removed, wipe down the tennis racquet hand with warm, soapy water and allow to dry completely.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.