How To Clean Grip Tape
If you are tired of mud and other crap on your board, then you need to learn how to clean grip tape. It won’t look like new, but it will look better without losing some of its holding capabilities. There are two options for how to clean grip tape; you decide which is best for you to try.
To clean grip tape, you will need:
- A grip gum stick
- Small brush with soft bristles
- Container with water
- Dishwashing liquid
- Paper towels
Using grip gum stick:
Hold grip gum horizontally and brush across the tape to clean grip tape.
- Maintain up and down strokes to clean the tape of minor dirt.
Alternate cleaning method:
- Find a toothbrush with soft bristles to use for cleaning grip tape. A small brush is recommended because it will not shred or remove parts of the tape from your skateboard.
- Use a container of plain water mixed with dishwashing liquid for wetting the small brush. This gentle cleaning agent is a beneficial part of the "how to clean grip tape" process. Dip the brush and then lightly brush the grip tape.
- Pat dry the area with paper towels without rubbing the adhesive and harming it. This last step completes the how to clean grip tape task. Cleaning the tape should not be done frequently as that will damage the tape.
Do not use harsh cleaning products
Use a soft bristled brush