How To Clean Grips On Golf Clubs
Golfers rarely take care of the grips on their clubs, but they should, and here is how to clean grips on golf clubs. If the grips on golf clubs aren't cleaned, they get worn out more quickly. Bad grips can lead to instability when swinging the club, and that could mean dropped shots.
What you need to clean grips on golf clubs
- Soap (dish- or car-washing liquid, among other detergents)
- Rags (wet and dry)
- Pour soap detergent into a bucket and fill with water. Make sure the water is nice and sudsy.
- Dampen a rag with the sudsy water. Ring out excess water.
- Wipe the grips vigorously with wet rag. Make sure you clean the grips thoroughly, including the crevices that are not exposed.
- Wipe away any moisture with a dry cloth. The dry cloth will absorb the moisture.
- Allow to dry. It could take an hour or two before you need to play with these clubs or you could risk them flying out of your hand during the swing.It is good at removing surface stains, such as mud that may have splashed on the grips during play.
There are a variety of ways to clean grips on golf clubs. You might try glass cleaner. It works on windows and mirrors and it will work to clean grips on golf clubs as well. Simply spray the grips and wipe away. The blue liquid will seep into the grip to help remove unwanted dirt and grime.
Another way to clean grips on golf clubs will involve using the kitchen sink. Pretend like you're washing dishes. Put about a tablespoon of dish-washing detergent in the sink and fill with warm water, getting it nice and sudsy. Instead of putting the dishes in the sink, put the grips in. Using a rag, wipe away all the dirt and oil to clean the grips on golf clubs. Tip: Use a dish brush to get into the threads of the grip. But make sure your significant other doesn't mind.
If all else fails, pay someone to clean grips on golf clubs. Ask a cart boy at the golf course to clean the grips on golf clubs. Odds are he's got all the tools to do it with. But at least give the kid a few bucks. That will be a good gesture and who knows, that good karma could follow you to your next round.