How To Clean A Hot Tub
If you are lucky enough to own one, you likely need to know how to clean a hot tub. Hot tubs must be cleaned at least once a year or every time they are closed for the season. It is not that hard to clean a hot tub, you just need a few items to complete the task.
To clean a hot tub, you'll need:
- Acrylic or hot tub cleaner
- Sponge or scrub brush
- Chlorine tablets
- Drain the water completely from your hot tub. Use the pump if you need to.
- Apply the cleaner to the inside of your hot tub. Use the sponge to scrub well, making sure to get all of the areas around the jets and any small cracks.
- Clean hard to reach areas with the toothbrush, and any stubborn stains with a scrub brush. This will ensure removal of debris, dirt, and germs. Make sure to clean all surfaces.
- Rinse the hot tub very well. Make sure you rinse away all of the dirt and cleaner, and drain the water.
- Rinse and clean the filters. This should be done every few weeks to remove dirt and debris.
- Use chlorine tablets when you refill the tub. The chlorine prevents bacteria that can cause infections.
If you don't clean a hot tub and change the water enough, the water may harbor harmful bacteria and cause skin, eye, and lung infections. Make sure you follow all sanitizing precautions included in the manual when you clean a hot tub.