Many piano owners wonder how to clean the inside of a piano. Pianos are frequently kept in basements, attics or the corners of rooms where they sit and collect dust on the outside and on the inside. The following guide will help you safely clean the inside of your piano.
To clean the inside of a piano, you will need:
- A vacuum with a hose attachment
- A dusting brush
- A microfiber cloth
- Open your piano to begin cleaning the inside. This may require opening a top or back panel, depending on the style of the piano.
- Use the vacuum to gently suction off any dust or debris that has settled on the non-mechanical parts of the piano. Do not use the vacuum on the strings, hammers or other mechanical components. This will ensure that you do not damage the piano while cleaning the inside.
- Use the dusting brush on the strings, hammers and mechanical components. Use a light, but fast, back and forth movement. This should loosen most of the dust and clean the inside of the piano.
- Use the microfiber cloth to gently wipe away any remaining dirt or dust. Be very careful when touching the mechanical components, especially if you have an older piano.
Using a vacuum on the mechanical components of a piano, when cleaning the inside, can result in damage to the sound quality of the piano. Be careful when cleaning the piano strings. The strings are strung very tightly and can snap or loosen with pressure.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …