How To Clean A Kite Surfing Board
Learning how to clean a kite surfing board is an imperative part of keeping it in good shape, so that you will continue to be able to use it. Stains, saltwater, and algae often cling to it after use, so the board should be cleaned following each kite surfing session. Following is some advice on how to clean a kite surfing board.
- Hose with pressurized nozzle
- Scrub brush
- Dish soap
- First, give the board a good spray with the hose. This will remove any superficial stains or dirt, algae, and saltwater that may be clinging to it after use.
- Mix some dish soap with some water in a bucket, and give the board a goof scrub using the sponge. Target areas where noticeable stains are, if your board has any. Scrub hard, and spray it off when you are done washing it with the sponge.
- If any stains persist, you will have to take it up a notch. Mix some dish detergent, which is very slippery, and gets under crud that may be sticking to the board, with some water. Dip the scrub brush into this, and firmly scrub the board. It can take some time to get tough stains out, but detergent is usually pretty good at getting out even the really persistent ones.
- Once you have scrubbed the board and removed any stains that it may have had, give it a good spray with the hose, to remove soap scum and wash off anything else. Leave the board outside to dry.
Learning how to clean a kite surfing board is not very hard, but it is certainly not something that should ever be overlooked. Try to wash it well after each use, which will help keep your board in perfect condition.