How To Clean Laundry
If you are tired of taking your clothes to the cleaners, then it is time to learn how to clean laundry. It is not hard, if you know what to do. Knowing how to clean laundry is an essential skill that everyone must eventually learn. A few steps of instructions can get you started on successfully cleaning clothes.
To clean laundry, you will need:
- Stain remover
- A washing machine
- A dryer or a clothesline
- Learn to sort laundry. Divide dirty items into groups before you clean your laundry. Objects that have stains need to be in their own pile. Other items should be sorted into three categories: colors, whites and light colors. Clothes that are black, green or blue are considered colors. Items that are not white or dark colors are in an optional group called light colors.
- Pre-treat dirty spots. Laundry that is heavy soiled may need to be treated with a stain remover. Take off any loose debris with a wet cloth as an optional step when cleaning laundry. Apply a stain lifter and rub it into the fabric.
- Program the washer. Select the appropriate size of the load you are going to clean; most washers have small, large and heavy options. Pick the water temperature for your washing machine. Water temperatures are important to successfully clean your laundry.
- Start the process. Begin to have the water run into the washing machine and put in laundry detergent. Letting the water and detergent in first before adding the clothes (and other items) is essential to making sure your laundry comes out clean.
- Load the machine. Collect one of your piles and put it into the machine. The load you select should reflect the temperature of the water and load size. After the machine is properly loaded, close the door.
- Dry your clean laundry. After the cleaning cycle is completed; the last step in cleaning your laundry is to either use a dryer or let your clothes line dry. That's it! You have successfully learned how to clean laundry.