How To Clean LCD Monitor
Figuring out how to clean LCD monitors is something everyone must learn when dealing with these new forms of technology. When you clean the LCD monitor you are actually stretching out the life of your screen. Luckily it does not cost to much to clean the monitor and keep them looking like new. With a couple of steps and some basic knowledge, anyone can maintain their investment.
Materials needed to clean the LCD monitor:
- isopropyl alcohol
- micro fiber cloth
- A clean rag
- Unplug and turn off your LCD monitor or device to keep from shorting it out. You can actually take this time to examine the condition of the LCD monitor.
- When your looking at the screen you should notice smudges or anything that need to be cleared from the screen.
- Using a micro fiber cloth, remove any dust dirt or particles from the screen as you are cleaning.
- If you want to apply a cleaning agent, use a 50/50 formula of isopropyl alcohol and water. When done mixing this solution, apply it with an old shirt or even a cloth that wont scratch the screen.
- Pour the solution into your rag never onto the screen this will agitate the screen and potentially damage the screen.
- Be careful to wipe the screen in a circular motion. Do not press of push into the surface you are cleaning.
- Make sure that the screen is completely dry so that you can get the full effect of the clean screen.
- For hard to clean stains repeat this process as many times as needed.
- With everything done go ahead and cut the LCD monitor back on.
These steps should ensure that your LCD monitor is clean and at its best viewing capabilities as possible. Just sit back and enjoy your expensive purchase and remember that the better you treat it the longer it will stay and work for you.