- How To Use My Olevia Television As A Computer Monitor
- How To Adjust The Picutre Quality Of A Samsung LCD TV Monitor
- How To Build Flat Screen Televisions
- How To Connect Laptop To TV
- How To Watch Internet On TV
- How To Connect JVC Stereo Speaker To Computer
- How Do You Repair A Philips Magnavox Big Screen TV?
How To Clean An LCD Screen
If you have a flat screen TV or computer monitor, you may be wondering how to clean an LCD screen. These fragile screens require a different cleaning process than traditional televisions. Spraying chemicals directly onto the screen is not the best way to do it. Cleaning an LCD screen is actually a very simple process but you must be gentle to avoid damaging your screen.
To clean an LCD screen, you will need:
- 70% isopropyl alcohol
- distilled water
- empty spray bottle
- microfiber cloth
- Create the cleaning solution. Mix together a solution of half isopropyl alcohol and half distilled water. Do not use tap water because the trace amounts of minerals found in tap water can leave behind white marks on your screen.
- Prepare the bottle. Fill up the empty spray bottle with the solution and screw the cap on tightly. It’s best to use a bottle that is brand new to clean an LCD screen. If you are reusing a bottle, be sure it is completely clean.
- Unplug the screen. Turn off the computer or television before attempting to clean an LCD screen to reduce the risk of electric shock.
- Spray the solution onto the cloth. Spray a few squirts of the solution onto your microfiber cloth. It should only be dampened, not saturated. Never spray directly onto your television or monitor when you clean an LCD screen.
- Wipe the screen clean. Wipe the LCD screen beginning at the top and work your way downward. Be careful not to apply too much pressure when you clean an LCD screen, as this can damage the screen. Never use tissue or paper towels, because this can lead to scratches.
- Do not use commercial glass cleaners to clean an LCD screen as this can cause permanent damage.
If you do not want to make a solution, you can always purchase a product specifically formulated to clean an LCD screen from an electronics store.
Posted on: Sep. 27, 2010