How To Clean Leather Sofa
need to know how to clean a leather sofa? Over the years, sofa sets take a lot of wear and tear, and the formerly sleek looks are replaced with stains and dirt people find difficult to clean and remove. Fortunately, there are a number of cleaning techniques that allow you to revive the old, shiny looks of a sofa set.
To clean a leather sofa you will need:
- Castile soap
- Damp cloth
- Dry cloth
- Talcum powder
- Corn starch
- Wash leather sofa with saddle or castile soap and water. Use as little water as possible. Do not use furniture polishes, varnishes, or oils on leather as they tend to make leather sticky.
- Wipe off traces of soap with a damp cloth.
- Polish the leather sofa with a soft and dry piece of cloth after traces of soap have been wiped off.
- Prepare a leather dressing. Warm 60 grams of lanolin in hot water until the lanolin melts. Add pure neat’s foot oil into the solution and stir until it blends. Apply the dressing with your fingertips only if the leather surface appears dry. Continue rubbing gently with your fingertips until the dressing is absorbed.
- Mix talcum powder and corn starch. Apply this mixture to fight off grease on your leather sofa. Wipe off the mixture after letting it rest on the grease stains for four to five hours. Only use it to prevent grease stains, never rub this mixture into the grease.