How To Clean Leather Wallet
Knowing how to clean leather wallet can significantly increase the life of your money holder. With some preventative care and some simple maintenance, you can enjoy your possession for as long as you want. Here's what you need to do.
- Remove everything from your wallet. Not only will this make cleaning easier, but this is a good time to go through the contents of your wallet. Too much stuff can stretch your wallet making it more prone to scuffs and blemishes.
- Wipe down with a damp cloth. Don't soak your wallet, just wipe it enough to get ride of the dust and anything that may have built up on the surface. This will help reveal any deeper problems.
- Buff with leather treatment. Make sure that the product is designed for leather and that it matches the color of your leather. Buff gently until the stain or scuff is removed.
- Vacuum out the lining of your wallet. While the leather polish is soaking in, get a small hand held vacuum and vacuum out the inside of your wallet. You can also use a small can of compressed air, usually sold for cleaning computer keyboards. Not only is this a great way of getting rid of any off odors, but it will suck up (vacuum) or blow away (compressed air) all the crumbs that have fallen down, which can be hard to reach otherwise.
- Air dry overnight. Just leave your wallet open out while you sleep. This will allow the leather polish to soak in and will dry out the insides of the wallet.
Now you know how to clean your leather wallet. If you do it right, you can significantly extend its life.