How To Clean Mold Off Boat Seats
Learning how to clean old off boat seats can be essential for any boat owner. Over time boat seats will become moldy if they are not protected which is why it is essential to learn how to clean mold off boat seats. Knowing how to clean mold off boat seats will enable you to clean the boat seats which is better done sooner than later. Cleaning the mold off boat seats is a multi-step process that involves relying on both the chemical reaction of household products and strong cleaners to remove the mold. It is always a good idea to spray a protectant on the boat seats once they are clean to protect mold from forming on the boat seats in the future.
Things you'll need:
- Baking Soda
- Scrub brush
- Dry towel
- Scrub the seats. Dampen the Scrub brush with water. Scrub the seats thoroughly with the scrub brush to remove any surface mold. Be careful not to damage the seats with the scrub brush.
- Rinse the seats. Spray water on the seats from the hose. Wipe the water away and repeat this process several times.
- Use the baking soda and vinegar. Sprinkle the baking soda onto areas of the boat seat that contain mold. Sprinkle vinegar on the baking soda until it begins to react. Patiently wait several hours while the baking soda and vinegar loosen the mold on the boat seats. Remove the mixture from the seats with a moist cloth.
- Rinse with bleach mixture. Mix one part bleach to one part water in a bucket. Pour the mixture over the seat and allow it to set for about forty-five seconds. Rinse the bleach away thoroughly with a hose. Dry the boat seats once the bleach has been cleaned away.
- Remove the mold ammonia. Remove any remaining mold on the boat seats with ammonia. Mix 2/3 water and 1/3 ammonia in a bucket. Pour the mixture directly onto the molded areas of the boat seats. Wait forty-five seconds and then rinse the area thoroughly with a hose. Wipe the boat seats dry with a clean towel.
- Repeat as necessary. Repeat this process as necessary to produce satisfactory results. Removing the mold on boat seats can be a difficult process. Following these steps carefully should remove most of the mold from the boat seats.
- Purchase a protective spray at your boat retailer or automotive maintenance store to prevent mold from reoccurring on the seats.