Wondering how to clean mold off walls? Breathing in mold spores is unsafe for your health, plus its unsightly to look at. Most methods only remove surface mold, but with the proper technique, you can destroy and clean mold off walls permanently. To prevent future mold, keep the area as dry as possible. Ventilate with a fan or open windows if possible, and fix a leaky roof, plumbing, ceiling, or faucet.
To clean mold off walls, you'll need:
- Goggles, gloves, and a mask
- Garbage bags (for contaminated items)
- Mild laundry detergent
- Scrubbing sponges
- Open a window or turn on a ventilation fan in the area you will be cleaning. Put on your protective gear. Make sure the mask you use is approved for use with mold spores.
Remove anything from the contaminated area and place it into garbage bags. Label one for the trash and the other for items that you'll be keeping but need to be washed.
- Fill a bucket with 1/4 cup of bleach to each quart of water. Use a sponge to dip in the cleaning solution and scrub the mold. Empty and refill the bucket as needed. Make sure to remove all traces of mold. Allow the solution to sit on the walls for twenty minutes. Wash the walls again with the bleach solution. Empty it and rinse it out well.
- Fill the bucket again with clean water and small amount of laundry detergent. Use a clean sponge to rinse the walls with the water and detergent. This step is to rinse the bleach residue away.
- Dry the walls with clean towels. Keep the area well ventilated so it dries as quickly as possible. Make sure to dispose of or clean any mold contaminated items.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
You might be little spoon or perhaps a Belieber. Or, if you’re lucky, one popular country star.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Why Most Men Should Never Wear Timberlands
Unless you're doing some sort of manual labor, say goodbye to these boots.