Wondering how to clean mold off walls? Breathing in mold spores is unsafe for your health, plus its unsightly to look at. Most methods only remove surface mold, but with the proper technique, you can destroy and clean mold off walls permanently. To prevent future mold, keep the area as dry as possible. Ventilate with a fan or open windows if possible, and fix a leaky roof, plumbing, ceiling, or faucet.
To clean mold off walls, you'll need:
- Goggles, gloves, and a mask
- Garbage bags (for contaminated items)
- Mild laundry detergent
- Scrubbing sponges
- Open a window or turn on a ventilation fan in the area you will be cleaning. Put on your protective gear. Make sure the mask you use is approved for use with mold spores.
Remove anything from the contaminated area and place it into garbage bags. Label one for the trash and the other for items that you'll be keeping but need to be washed.
- Fill a bucket with 1/4 cup of bleach to each quart of water. Use a sponge to dip in the cleaning solution and scrub the mold. Empty and refill the bucket as needed. Make sure to remove all traces of mold. Allow the solution to sit on the walls for twenty minutes. Wash the walls again with the bleach solution. Empty it and rinse it out well.
- Fill the bucket again with clean water and small amount of laundry detergent. Use a clean sponge to rinse the walls with the water and detergent. This step is to rinse the bleach residue away.
- Dry the walls with clean towels. Keep the area well ventilated so it dries as quickly as possible. Make sure to dispose of or clean any mold contaminated items.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?