Your aluminum on your motorcycle has gotten dirty and you want to know how to clean motorcycle aluminum parts? Although aluminum is durable and for the most part rust resistant, overtime it can loose its shine. Whether it is exposure to weather or just wear and tear, motorcycle aluminum parts can get dirty and become dingy and cloudy. It is easy to clean motorcycle aluminum parts, and it can be done within a few short minuets.
To clean motorcycle aluminum parts you will need:
- dish detergent
- small container
- polishing cloth
- Remove aluminum trim parts. Any aluminum trim parts that can easily be removed from your motorcycle make sure that you take them off. This will allow for easier cleaning to the aluminum.
- Clean the motorcycle aluminum parts. Mix dish detergent and water in a small container and use a clean rag to clean the aluminum. Rinse with water and dry completely with a towel.
- Sand scratches or marks. Use sand paper to remove any scratches, dings or marks from the motorcycle aluminum parts. To help remove even more residue dip the sandpaper in water. Continue to sand the aluminum until all scratches and marks are removed buy using smooth, even strokes in a single direction.
- Apply metal polish. Use a dry rag or a sponge and apply a good amount of metal polish to the motorcycle aluminum parts. Gently rub it in to cover all the aluminum.
- Clean with polishing cloth. Clean away any polish residue with a polishing cloth and to buff the aluminum well enough to shine. Attach the removed aluminum trim parts back onto the motorcycle.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
25 Enlightening Quotes About Being a Gentleman
What’s your definition of a perfect gent? LL Cool J, Lea Michele, Andy Samberg and friends weigh in.
21 Hairstyles Women Love
Female experts reveal the ’dos that drive them wild.