Want to know how to clean a motorcycle windshield? You love riding your motorcycle, especially in beautiful, sunny weather, but you are tired of all the dead bugs and dirt on your windshield. If your motorcycle has a dirty windshield, you definitely want to clean it off before you take it for a ride. Window cleaner is an option, but here is the most effective and proper way to clean your motorcycle windshield.
You will need:
- Soft cloth towels
- Dishwashing liquid
- Buffing compound
- Apply warm water and a mild dishwashing liquid to a soft cloth and soak your windshield before wiping. Do not use Windex or gas station squeegees because the solvent of the alcohol can be harmful to some windshields.
- To get rid of the bug debris, lay your wet cloth on the windshield for a few minutes. This will help to soak and loosen the dead bugs and their juices. Now you can easily wipe away the bugs with the warm, wet towel. Wipe crosswise and up and down. Avoid using a circular motion because circular scratches can be annoying to the eye.
- Dry the windshield by using the dry end of the wet cloth or getting another dry cloth. Wipe the motorcycle windshield until it is completely dry.
- Clean the inside of the windshield. Apply warm water and mild dishwashing liquid soap to a the inside of the windshield and wipe crosswise and up and down until clean. Dry the windshield by using the dry end of the cloth.
- To remove scratches, grab another cloth combined with a fine grade hand buffing compound and wipe.
- Touch up any bad spots once dry by going over any remaining dirt, smudges or scratches until they are gone and the windshield is clear.
You're an outlaw and you know it. You have a vinyl jacker that kinda' looks like a leather jacket, tattoos from yo ...
Grant Davis calls the 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4x4 "a perfectly viable alternative to a motorcycle." He made ...
If you’ve got a penchant for the NY Yankees and two wheels of motorized chaos, then this motorcycle helmet is a ma ...