How To Clean New Balance Shoes
Once you find a good pair of footwear, it only makes sense to learn how to clean New Balance shoes and make sure they last as long as possible. Shoes have a long lifetime if cared for properly, and it is not difficult to learn the steps to keep them in good condition. There are a variety of products on the market that promise to keep your New Balance shoes looking brand new, but there is a much cheaper alternative that will provide the same outstanding results.
To clean New Balance shoes, you will need:
- a soft bristle toothbrush
- detergent (can be laundry or dish)
- commercial cleaning product (optional)
- Immerse toothbrush in detergent and scrub visible dirt off the New Balance shoes. Use more detergent for built-in or harder to clean stains. For dried stains, add more water to loosen soil. If you are using commercial product to clean New Balance shoes, apply this now as well.
- After scrubbing off visible dirt, immerse New Balance shoes in water and let soak for a few minutes to allow soil to break apart. This will help loosen any remaining dirt.
- Remove New Balance shoes and examine for remaining stains. If there are any remaining, dip toothbrush in detergent and scrub stains further.
- Once all stains are removed, place New Balance shoes in water again. Let sit for one minute and then remove them.
- Allow shoes to dry for at least twenty-four hours. Once they are completely dry they will be ready to wear.
- Avoid putting shoes in the washing machine or dryer, as this will weaken the shoes and possibly warp them.
- After you clean New Balance shoes, allow them to dry completely to avoid further soiling them.
- Commercial product should be used to clean New Balance shoes made of leather or suede, as these materials require specialized care.
- Commercial product is not necessary for cleaning New Balance shoes made of other material. These products are optional depending on user preference.