Once you find a good pair of footwear, it only makes sense to learn how to clean New Balance shoes and make sure they last as long as possible. Shoes have a long lifetime if cared for properly, and it is not difficult to learn the steps to keep them in good condition. There are a variety of products on the market that promise to keep your New Balance shoes looking brand new, but there is a much cheaper alternative that will provide the same outstanding results.
To clean New Balance shoes, you will need:
- a soft bristle toothbrush
- detergent (can be laundry or dish)
- commercial cleaning product (optional)
- Immerse toothbrush in detergent and scrub visible dirt off the New Balance shoes. Use more detergent for built-in or harder to clean stains. For dried stains, add more water to loosen soil. If you are using commercial product to clean New Balance shoes, apply this now as well.
- After scrubbing off visible dirt, immerse New Balance shoes in water and let soak for a few minutes to allow soil to break apart. This will help loosen any remaining dirt.
- Remove New Balance shoes and examine for remaining stains. If there are any remaining, dip toothbrush in detergent and scrub stains further.
- Once all stains are removed, place New Balance shoes in water again. Let sit for one minute and then remove them.
- Allow shoes to dry for at least twenty-four hours. Once they are completely dry they will be ready to wear.
- Avoid putting shoes in the washing machine or dryer, as this will weaken the shoes and possibly warp them.
- After you clean New Balance shoes, allow them to dry completely to avoid further soiling them.
- Commercial product should be used to clean New Balance shoes made of leather or suede, as these materials require specialized care.
- Commercial product is not necessary for cleaning New Balance shoes made of other material. These products are optional depending on user preference.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Remember when Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman made all that noise—and news—before the Super Bowl? We had the story long before the season even started, trailing him all over Se ...