If you know how to clean an Omega watch properly, you can ensure that your watch will look beautiful for years to come. An Omega watch is a luxury item that many people covet. If you are lucky enough to own one, you should be aware of the kind of attention they attract. Since they attract so much attention, you want to be sure that the watch always looks clean and presentable. You don't want people staring at a dirty watch! Therefore knowing how to clean and care for your Omega watch is of the utmost importance. Cleaning an Omega watch is very simple.
Supplies needed to clean an Omega watch:
- A toothbrush
- A clean, soft cloth
To clean your metal or waterproof Omega watch:
- Wipe down the watch with a dry clean cloth. This is just to ensure that the watch is free of any obvious dust or debris. It can also remove smudges on the watch face.
- Use the toothpick to gently clean out any dirt or grime in the bracelet of the Omega watch. The bracelet is the biggest trap for dust and dirt on an Omega watch, so the toothpick is the best way to scrape it out. Just be careful not to dig too aggressively, or you risk scratching the metal.
- Dip a soft toothbrush into warm soapy water and gently wipe down the watch. Be careful not to get it near the gears of the watch. Clean it gently and make sure that while the toothbrush is wet, it is not soaking wet. If there is too much water on it, you risk some leaking into the gears.
- Lay the Omega watch on a clean washcloth to dry. Gently pat the excess water off of the watch. Do not wear it or put it away until the watch is completely dry.
- When in doubt, take it to a professional. Jewelers have more products and tools to clean an Omega watch. If your watch is very dirty or is made out of leather or some other type of material, it is is better to get it cleaned by a professional than attempt it yourself. With an item so precious, it is better to be safe than sorry.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Remember when Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman made all that noise—and news—before the Super Bowl? We had the story long before the season even started, trailing him all over Se ...