Need to know how to clean an Ozark Trail camping tent? Once you've managed to get the rest of your campsite torn down, and all of your gear is successfully packed inside your car or backpack, it's time to take a look at your tent. In a perfect world, you'd have a spotless tent at the end of your camping excursion, but somehow mud almost always ends up inside and on the walls of your Ozark Trail tent. Since tents are not disposable and instead are intended as a once-in-a-while expense, it's important to learn how to clean an Ozark Trail camping tent.
To clean an Ozark Trail camping tent, you will need:
- A soft brush
- A sponge
- Dish soap
- Spray bottles
- A towel
- Mildew remover (optional)
- Make a gentle cleaning solution. Mix 1/4 cup of vinegar, a few drops of dish soap and two cups of water in a spray bottle. Fill another spray bottle with warm water.
- Lay your Ozark Trail camping tent out flat. Do this at home, in the yard, on a warm and sunny day. Set up the tent and lay the rainfly out flat on the ground nearby. Stake the tent and the fly if it's windy.
- Spray the interior of the Ozark Trail camping tent with the vinegar and dish soap solution. Scrub the floor with the soft brush or sponge, rinsing frequently. Spray the floor with warm water and wipe it down with a towel.
- Spray the exterior of the Ozark Trail camping tent with the vinegar and dish soap solution. Gently scrub mud and debris from the surface. Start at the top and work your way towards the ground.
- Once you've cleaned the exterior of the Ozark Trail camping tent completely, rinse by spraying warm water on the surface of the tent. Dry with a towel.
- If any mold or mildew is present, spot clean these areas with an appropriate mold remover. Wipe the mold from the surface of the Ozark Trail tent, but do not rinse. Clean the Ozark Trail camping tent rainfly in the same manner.
- Allow the tent and fly to remain outdoors for eight to ten hours. Be sure to zip up the tent to prevent it from being occupied by raccoons or stray cats, but do not close the screens. The Ozark Trail camping tent will need as much air movement around the outside and inside areas as possible.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
10 Reasons Your Wife Is Unhappy in Your Marriage
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.