How to clean a pea coat is a question that is asked by anyone who has owned one of these wool beauties. The heavy wool attracts lint and it is inevitable that something will stain your pea coat as you're wearing it. Learn a few tricks pea coat owners have to keep your pea coat looking nice for years to come.
To clean a pea coat you will need:
- Lint roller
- Masking tape
- Duct tape
- Dryer sheets
- A clean rag
- Mild detergent
- Remove lint by first hanging the coat on a hanger. This will let you remove all the lint without adding more lint from the floor or the couch. The wool in the pea coat is a hair magnet–dog and cat hair included. Get rid of your pea coat's hairy back and shoulders efficiently with a lint roller. If you don't have a lint roller, you can make do with a roll of masking tape.
- Using a lint roller or the masking tape, start at the top and roll down. Use steady strokes and repeat until you have combed the entire surface of the pea coat. Removing the hair and lint you picked up on the bus or at your friend's house is the first step in a clean pea coat. This will do wonders for the appearance of your pea coat.
- Stubborn lint can be removed with duct tape. Press a piece of duct tape onto your coat and pull off the hair or other stray fibers. If using duct tape, you should test on an inconspicuous area first to be sure the tape isn't too sticky. Some inexpensive wool blends can be damaged with sticky tape.
- Prevent future lint attacks by rubbing a dryer sheet on your pea coat. This will save you time by making dust and lint less attracted to your coat.
- Spills should be wiped up with a clean rag dipped in mild detergent and cold water. Do not use hot water. The heat will cause the stain to seep deeper into the pea coat. Mild detergent without any bleach is the only soap you should use to clean a pea coat. Use a small amount of cool water and a small amount of detergent. Do not soak your pea coat in water.
- Gently blot up the spill. Vigorous scrubbing will damage the fibers of your pea coat and create a bigger blemish. Lay the pea coat on clean towels to blot from the other side of the stain. Clean a pea coat at first sign of dirt or stains. Leaving a spill until you have time to deal with it may mean a permanently damaged coat or a trip to the dry cleaners.
- Dry cleaning is a reliable option. Take your coat to the dry cleaner once a year to keep it looking fresh and new for years to come even if you are meticulous and clean a pea coat with the above methods all year. It is still a good idea to follow up with a dry cleaning. A quality pea coat is a classic look that you can wear for years to come. Treat this investment with respect.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …