If your PlayStation 3 is making loud noises or freezing during game play, you'll benefit from knowing how to clean PS3 dust. The build-up of dust interferes with the PS3's functioning, but luckily it takes only a few minutes and some cheap supplies to restore your dusty console back to normal.
For cleaning out PS3 dust, you'll need the following:
- Vacuum with hand-held attachment
- Soft cleaning cloth
- CD cleaning cloth
- Turn off the PS3. This prevents you from damaging the console, and also protects you against injury or electrocution while cleaning out PS3 dust.
- Suck out the dirt from the back vents of the PS3. A small vacuum cleaner attachment will work for large amounts of dust while a soft cleaning cloth will wipe away small amounts of dust. After you clean the PS3 dust, run a soft cloth over it once a week to prevent dust from building back up again.
- Wipe off the outside of the console with a soft cloth. Pick the PS3 console up if necessary to access the bottom and back for cleaning. To clean any discs that refuse to play, wipe the bottoms off with a CD cleaning cloth. Move in up and down motions instead of circles to avoid damaging the disc.
- Plug the PS3 back in and turn it on. Any problems relating to PS3 dust or dirt should be gone now that you've cleaned your PS3.
- Keep in mind that opening your PS3 to clean the inside is not recommend. Doing so can damage the PS3 and void your warranty.
- If you experience problems with your PS3 that cleaning the dust out does not help, contact the manufacturer for support and guidance. You may also find other tips inside your official PlayStation 3 manual.
- You will experience a larger build-up of dust if your PS3 is setting in a tight area, such as on the floor or on shelf with no room for air circulation. Place your PS3 on a shelf with plenty of room around it or an open back. This prevents dust build-up and allows air to circulate, preventing overheating.
- Avoid pressing the back up against the wall or back of the shelf as this cuts off the circulation.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
You might be little spoon or perhaps a Belieber. Or, if you’re lucky, one popular country star.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.