If your game system isn't running up to par, you should learn how to clean PS3 hard drive with air. Knowing how to clean PS3 hard drive with air will help you extend your system's life by months while ensuring that all of your games run at their best of their ability. Canned air is one of the best utilities for cleaning delicate electronics, be sure to pick some up so you can clean your PS3 hard drive with air.
To be able to clean PS3 hard drive with air, you're going to need:
- A few dry, clean cotton cloths
- A can of compressed air
- A clean, waist-high table
- A vacuum cleaner with the brush attachment
- Power down and completely unplug your PS3. This is one of the most important steps to cleaning a PS3 hard drive with air. If you attempt to do any of this cleaning with your PS3 plugged into your TV or outlet, you run the risk of seriously messing up the electrical output or audio/visual input. Disconnect it entirely and move the system to the separate waist-high table.
- Wipe down your PS3 with the cloths. This will help you get rid a lot of the extra dust that's built up on your system. If you want, you can get one of the cloths slightly damp and wipe down the top of the console very lightly. Don't pour water directly onto the console—that's a quick way to damage it beyond repair.
- Start using the canned air on the vents on the system's side. It's important that you don't tilt the air while spraying—get on your knees, point the can directly at the vents, and start spraying. Attach the narrow hose onto the can as to get into the vents in order to clean all of the dust out of the PS3 hard drive.
- Use the vacuum cleaner to finish the job. While this is technically an optional step, you can use the vacuum cleaner to get any of the dust that you missed. Technically, the canned air will push the dust out of the hard drive, but won't actually remove it from the vicinity. The vacuum will ensure that your PS3 hard drive stays clean.
- Clean the area where you normally put your PS3. In order to prevent the hard drive from getting too dusty, be sure to wipe down the area you normally put your PS3 with a damp cloth, and vacuum the wood or carpet around it. Remember that a clean system is a happy system, so be sure to ensure that cleanliness by keeping the area around it spotless.
If you want your Playstation to be running at its best all the time, you need to be able to clean it with air. Systems regularly get dusty, just like everything else in the house. Learning how to clean PS3 hard drive with air is one of the best ways to can make certain that your system keeps running as long as you need it to. Don't miss out on one more online gaming session by cleaning your PS3 hard drive with air.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Real-Life Heroes Who Inspired Indiana Jones
Legend has it, these guys are the real MVPs.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …