You understand that good hygiene is not just about taking a shower and shaving, so you want to learn how to clean your rectum. You can never go wrong with a good anal cleaning, so don't be embarrassed or afraid. Learn how to give yourself an anal douching with the steps below.
- disposable enema
- First take obvious measures. A clean rectum does not always require an enema. Drink 8 glasses of water a day and avoid oily foods. Incorporate more antioxidants into your diet. Some commonly antioxidants are carrots, tea, squash, broccoli, watermelon, and oatmeal.
- Purchase a disposable enema. This can be found at any store that sells hygiene products. The brand you purchase does not really matter since most enemas has the same function of cleaning your rectum.
- Decide if you want to do number two before or after the enema is inserted. Some people have a bowel movement prior to inserting the enema because they are anal about it, however, this is personal preference. You can also decide to have a bowel movement after enema usage.
- Decide what position you will use to clean your rectum. These positions are likely to be indicated on the directions page that comes with the box. Use a position that is most comfortable for you.
- Insert the solution into your rectum. While this is not a not a painful process, be sure to exercise caution. If the enema does not come lubricated, place a small amount of lubricant on the insert nozzle. Let the solution sit inside of you feel the urge to excrete.
- Take a shower and clean the outer skin of your rectum. Use gentle soap. Try not to get soap inside of your rectum, as it may sting.
While enemas provide a quick and easy solution to cleaning your rectum, using them too much may cause anal dryness. Hence, they should only be used when necessary.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Remember when Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman made all that noise—and news—before the Super Bowl? We had the story long before the season even started, trailing him all over Se ...