When you learn how to clean the Windows XP Registry you have to be very careful. The Windows XP registry is basically a database which has all the information about your computer and the software installed. The Windows XP registry stores configuration of software programs installed, hardware installed and/or attached to the computer. You can clean the Windows XP registry either manually or by cleaning software. If you are not comfortable working in the registry then you should us a cleaning software. It is critical that you back up the registry before doing anything to it. Below are the steps to back up the registry and information about the Windows XP Registry.
- Click on the "start" button. When you click on this button a text box will come up. Type "regedit" into the text box and click "OK."
- The Windows XP registry window will open. Click on file on the toolbar.
- You will now need to click on "export." Now type a name for the backup file and click on "save."
- On the left side you will see entries with plus signs next to them. Click on the plus sign next to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE."
Once the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE is open this is the area where you would make changes to any software or hardware problems.This is the most used area of the registry.
- Click on the plus sign next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. You should now see more entries open up below it.
- When you are done looking at the registry close it out. Click on file and then exit.
Be very careful when you have the Windows XP registry open. Someone that doesn’t know anything about it should never even have it open. If you make just one mistake it can drastically affect your computer. After a good cleaning your will notice speed and improved performance.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Cooking With Booze: Stiegl Radler Crockpot Carnitas
Perfect hot-weather tacos, with pork simmered in summer beer.
Friday Drink Special: The Little Zombie
Perhaps the world's first cocktail inspired by Comic Con and The Walking Dead.
10 Things to Talk About This Weekend
Game of Thrones bloopers, sex geckos and more conversation starters for any social situation.